I first came across this recipe on my niece’s birthday. It was 10 minute to midnight. Nandini was eagerly waiting for the clock to strike at 12 and her birthday to start. I simply mentioned to my sister “If I knew she would be awake till now, I would have baked her a cake.” Nandini (like most of us) loves the whole drama around birthday. Since there was no cake we decided to just put two oreo cookies with a candle on top. As soon as we went in the kitchen, my sister whispered, lets make a cake now. Now? How? there is just 10 minutes to 12. She just smiled and said, that is just enough time! As we took the cake out, the joy and surprise on Nandini’s face was priceless!
At that moment I was thinking of the mastercard advertisement:
2 packets glucose biscuit: Rs 10
1 packet Oreo : Rs 30
Surprise and joy on your child’s face: Priceless!
The 10-min Oreo cake
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Baking time: |Serves: 4
1 packet Oreo biscuit (150gms)
2 packets glucose biscuit (150 gms)
2 tbsp icing sugar (optional)
3 tbsp Chocolate sauce
A few M&Ms or sprinkles
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp fruit salt (eno)
¼ cup milk
- Grind together Oreo biscuit and glucose biscuit in a mixer to a fine powder
- Add in sugar and make a paste by slowly adding milk. (Add a little more milk if required). Mix in eno/ fruit salt. This is the cake batter!
- Grease a small oven proof dish with oil. Put the batter in the dish. Tap it a little to spread it evenly and microwave on full power for 5 minutes
- Remove from microwave and after it has cooled down a little, spread a layer of chocolate sauce and sprinkle some M&Ms or other cake sprinkles. Your cake is ready! Easy Breezy.
- Take in the hall and surprise!!! 🙂