Continuing with omelette recipes, this one is Sikander’s all-in omelette recipe. With eggs, meat, veggies, spices and cheese all in one omelette, this salami, pepper and onion omelette recipe is a complete meal for a heavy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Salami, pepper and onion Omelette
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Cooking Time: |Serves: 1
3 large eggs
A knob of butter
1/2 tsp of cumin
Salt to taste
Black pepper or Red chilly flakes to taste
~2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp milk
2 slices of salami (you can use beef, chicken or pork), roughly torn
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped peppers (Here it’s only red bell pepper but you can use a combination of different kinds)
- Place a pan over low heat and let it get hot.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add in all the spices and a tbsp of milk. I always add a little milk to my eggs, it make the omelette fluffier and also takes away the smell.
- Beat well with a fork.
- Once the pan is hot, add the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the cumin seeds. Add onions, peppers and ham. Fry and toss them around for about a minute.
- Now add the beaten eggs and spread them evenly.
- When the omelette begins to firm up but still has some liquid on top, grate the cheese directly onto the omelette. Let it cook for about a minute, till the omelette starts to turn golden brown from underneath.
- Ease around the edges with a spatula and fold the omelette in half and slide it onto the serving plate.