This mint-almond pesto recipe changed the way I used mint – from an add-on to the main ingredient. The pesto is made of loads of fresh mint and chunks of earthy almonds. I love mint, but till I came across this recipe, I only used it in drinks, chutneys and desserts especially chocolates.
This one is a 10 mins pesto sauce recipe with no chopping and cooking required. It stays good in fridge for upto a week. Simply toss it with any pasta of your choice and enjoy a delicious cols mint-almond pesto pasta salad.
Mint-Almond Pesto Pasta Salad
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Cooking time: |Serves: 2
2 cups fresh mint leaves
2 cloves of garlic
~30 roasted salted almonds
Juice and grated zest of ½ a lime
Salt and black pepper to taste
¼ cup virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta in 2 litres of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Drain well and run under cold water. Keep aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together mint, garlic, almonds, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and puree again till the pesto is coarsely ground. (The almonds give a very nice texture to the pesto.)
- Chop the tomato into big chunks.
- Toss the pesto with chopped tomatoes and cooked pasta.
- Serve cold.